Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First day of Fire in the night! :)

Here is kind of a hodge podge of my thoughts and prayers...just the things the Lord is stirring in my heart at the beginning, this new start. Beware, may seem very random. May you be blessed by some part or all of it :)

This is an awesome verse about being watchmen of the night.

Isaiah 62:6-7
On Your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; All day and all night they will never keep silent. You who remind the Lord, take no rest for yourselves and give Him no rest until he establishes and makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

We went through pages of rules and regulations and Clay Edwards (our main, fire in the night director. He is totally awesome and hilarious) was talking about how we need to learn to embrace rebuke from Godly people...as if they are doing us a service, because they really are. He was challenging us to grasp the truth from rebuke, even if the rebuke is given unfairly or in harshness. I was so amazed by the humbleness he had when he spoke, and the challenge he gives us to be Godly even if it seems "they don't deserve it." Of course if you are not obviously in the wrong, take it before the Lord. Ask him to highlight the truth in the rebuke...and evaluate it in prayer.

Then he started to take it even furthur....challenging us to be obedient to the law that we live under....even in the little things. God commands us to obey the authorities in place in our lives and yet it is something we often belittle or ignore....take speeding for instance. I too, am very guilty of course. But that doesn't make it okay. Or stoping at a stop sign...I know this may seem so trivial or unimportant. But it just means we try to live in obedience to our Father in everything we do. Even the little things.

Then, when I was sitting in the prayer room, I wrote this...kinda like a mix between a prayer and a song....describing my thoughts and prayers about this time here.

Father, I come before your throne
To look upon your face. I was created for this.
Father, be my one desire
Be the reason that I breathe

Bring revelation, revelation of Your love
Make me more like You
One with you, Jesus

That all else will fade away
That I will only see Your face
Shape me and mold me
Into who You created me to be.
May I never lose my thirst
For more of You.

Purge me from my sins
Strip my heart, I lay it bare.
Purify me, Almighty One.
All of me belongs to you
Use me Father. Please, use me.

Be my one desire
Be the reason that I breathe
Be my comfort
Be my thoughts
Be my dreams
Be my home
Be my passion
Be my vision
Be my purpose
Be my everything

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, sounds amazing already.
D and I liked Clay alot even though we only got to hear him for about an hour or so.

Anonymous said...

dude nice to hear that every thing is going well down in KC
hope you have a great time down there

Love u so much

Taylor

P.S Alex says hi cause hes off the computer for 40 days, Fast