Sunday, September 21, 2008

Today is a significant day...

Today is a day of change, a day that has come much quicker than I could have imagined. Today is the day Jordan started his YWAM DTS. His truck was packed with his things and we took a last errand run into town together. His life is turned upside down, starting today. Today is my last Sunday at home for a very long time. Because I hope to update this blog every Sunday, I figured I would give one last account of my thoughts before I am started with my internship. I leave on Wednesday morning, for those of you that don't know, probably around 4:30 am.

I feel so emotionally drained...I have cried several times at the thought of leaving everything behind...of not being a part of the live's of loved ones back home, or at least not a big part...I didn't think it would be quite this hard to grasp....like a really large pill the doctor gave you to swallow. You didn't realize it was that big, till it gets stuck halfway down your throat. The longest I have been away from my family and life as I know it, is a mere two weeks. Three months seems like an eternity! And to not hear Jordan's voice or write him an email, but to contact only via handwritten letters for THREE months....seems impossible to wrap my head around- and maybe I never will. And yet, I know, beyond all doubt. This is what the Lord is calling me to do. To follow him with both feet, willing to lay everything else aside to focus upon His holy face. And I know that in my obedience to him, His grace will carry me through.

Don't worry, I am very excited for my time! I know the Lord will do awesome and amazing things. It's just that everything has come so fast now, and I never was really ready for it all. I am just feeling rather overwhelmed even though I know it will get better quickly. As far as being ready practically, I have purchased toiletries, cosmetics, extra clothing, notebooks, etc...But I have yet to pack. And put everything in my room into boxes so that anxious brother Alex can move in. It just doesn't feel right...packing up MY room...never thought I would be anything but super excited to move out from home...so yes, the journey is beginning already and for Jordan is has already begun. I shall keep you posted, and feel free to write me at trishafitn@gmail.com

trisha

1 comment:

Pastor Jeff said...

As one of the Caesar's once said: "Arise, Go forth and Conquer!" (or something like that)...