Tuesday, October 14, 2008

God's Love - thats what its all about

Through the course of many things, I am really discovering how God's love and returning that love is really what it's all about. We have had teachings and sermons on intimacy and love of God. And the greatest commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. Even in my times of stillness before the Lord He was giving me pictures of how much and how He loves me! What a beautiful love it is, He is love! Even many songs we sing focus on it, one that really spoke to my heart contained the lines: “I will return to my first love. I'm so in love with, I'm so in love with you Jesus.” My heart is falling so in love with the beauty of Jesus and being captivated by Him.

He is my everything, my rock and my foundation. Even when everyone and everything else fails me, Jesus will never will. These are things that we all say and hear countless times in our growing up years, but I feel they are becoming realities in my heart. Things I knew in my mind are being engrained as real truths in my heart. I am continually learning how to give those giant mountains completely to the Lord, when there is no way to the right or to the left. “God will make a way, When there seems to be no way.” That phrase of an old song spoke to my heart about 4 or 5 years ago and has never left me, I love to see it becoming reality in my life, and not my life with my parents seeing those truths come to pass, but for me to see it, alone and for myself. God is so good!

I had written in an earlier post about my “dream ministry.” I know I would love to do something along those lines but I also know that no matter where I am in life and in the world, no matter what I am doing; my purpose is to love God, to know Him, to be in His presence. To fellowship with the Almighty Creator is the reason I was made. I know that no matter what I do or where God takes me, I can be satisfied in my love relationship with Jesus. For example, say I do some ministry for a couple years, for a season in my life. It will be exhilarating and exciting to have such an impact. But I want kids eventually. I can honestly say and believe that being a stay at home mom can be satisfying as well. Because what really matters is my relationship with Jesus. I can talk to him and commune with Him always and anytime. As long as that is not neglected, life will be satisfying, exciting, and fresh! :)

I liked the way Stuart explained it to our class when Nathan (a fellow fire in the nighter) asked the question of “How God could empower Samson to kill those men?” It brought up the whole topic of calling on a person's life. A person's calling is not for the person themselves, but for the people around them. Therefore, their calling is not dependent on how perfect of a person they are or if they do everything right. Because its ultimately not about them, but for the benefit of the people. God had an ultimate plan and purpose and He wanted to use Samson as part of that plan. That does not mean that Samson was always righteous and made the right choices. Stuart also brought up how a lot of times people involved with revivals end up having hidden sin in their life and what not, and how people get so judgmental because they believe God couldn't be using him/her because of the problems they have in their life. And just how we need to remember its God's ultimate completion of His plan, not because they were a good Christian and God is rewarding them. Of course, God will only continue to use that person up until a point. If they continue in sin and stray from godliness, He will have to find someone else to finish the job. It's just a good thing to remember when “judging from afar” and also in our own lives. Our calling involves the giftings God has given us and how they can benefit his kingdom and glory, so really they have everything to do with him and the body of Christ.

Our purpose in life, for ourselves is to love God. To have a growing, deepening relationship with Jesus Christ. And to press into the word and the ways of the Holy Spirit. Out of that flows loving others as ourselves and sharing the gospel with those around us. If we work at Mc Donalds our whole life or plant churches oversease, we can still fulfill the purpose of our life. There is no excuse not to, none what so ever. In many ways this seems very backwards or upside down, but just think about it for a while. I believe that you too will see the truth in this. May our God grant you revelation about His perfect love and what it means to love him back.

love,
trisha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trisha,
I'm just now getting a chance to catch up on your blog and I just wanted to say that I really really enjoy reading what God is teaching you and that you take the time to write it down and share it with all of us. It really blessed me to read the part about God's Calling and how it's not just for us, but the people around us. Thank you so much for sharing, I can tell you're growing so much and loving it. Hopefully we'll get a chance to connect when my family and I are at IHOP. Praying for you!!!
Love,
Baylea