Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Holy Spirit is SO cool! :)

So there is the Global Bridegroom fast going on right now Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I fasted all day yesterday, ate some today, and will fast tomorrow. On these three days, our classes are canceled. Instead we are in the prayer room from 8 pm until 6 am. We have a half hour lunch break at 1 am. Talk about intense right!?! But how often do you get the chance to spend 9 and a half hours focusing on the Lord, his Kingdom and His goodness; in prayer, worship, reading the word, and soaking in His presence. I am certainly enjoying this privilege, even if I get tired or it gets long at times... :) I actually finished Patricia King's book yesterday during this time as well and am posting this now it is 10:52 pm...

So I went though and read a whole bunch of scriptures about the Holy Spirit and all the things he does for us and the ways he works, there was a list of them in Patricia King's book, and I stumbled upon even more as I went along. I wanted to share some of my favorite with you. I feel like I am drinking it all in, that I can't get enough of scripture!

I love the verse Luke 1:15 and just the thought of John the Baptist being filled with the Holy Spirit while still inside the womb! And if you keep reading, in verse 41 we see that as baby John leaps at Mary's greeting, Elizabeth is filled with the Holy Spirit! How awesome is that!

One of my all time favorites :) John 16:13 & 14
But when He the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and disclose it to you. Wow, the Holy Spirit is amazing isn't it?!

Acts 8 tells the awesome story of Philip and the eunuch. Verse 39 and 40 are especially awesome :) “When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, but went on his way rejoicing. But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he kept preaching the gospel to all the cities until he came to Caesarea.” How cool is that!? I want the Holy Spirit to be able to do those kind of things with me!

Then at the end of Acts 10, the holy spirit falls upon all those that are listening to Peter's message. (verse 44). The gift of the Holy Spirit was poured upon them all, and they were speaking in tongues and exalting God. Thereafter, they order them to be baptized in water since they obviously received the same Holy Spirit just as the apostles did! (verse 47 and 48). I just think that's awesome! To have that kind of anointing that your words cause the Holy Spirit to fall on those that hear them!

Romans 8 is a really deep chapter...there is a lot to take in. It's kind of the different aspect of the Holy Spirit. How as believers, we are new creations and must die to our flesh and live by the Spirit. I also like verse 26: “In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” I think that's awesome!

Okay, I guess this can be the last section, I know there is alot! :)
1st Corinthians 2:9-16. I think this is a really good portion of scripture for all believers to meditate and prayer read.
“But just as it is written, things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him. For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things even the depths of God” Wow, does anyone else realize this is incredibly deep. The Holy Spirit searches the depths of God and reveals those secrets to US. Think about that for a moment! What an incredible gift, honor, and privilege!
Continuing on in scripture: “For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.” As believers, we must not only be ready for unbelievers to see us and the things that we believe as foolishness, we should expect it and welcome it when it comes. The Kingdom of Heaven does not operate like the Kingdom of this Earth, and praise the Lord for that! What a nightmare it would be if it did...We also need to be careful that never try to instruct the Lord as to what he should or shouldn't do, that is just never our place...

Well I suppose I am done for now...I am just drinking this all in...seriously, how could I ever have been bored of reading the Bible?!?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this on another blog and it reminded me of your journey right now!!
------------------------------

Ultimately, I subscribe to the saying "The man with an experience of God is never at the mercy of the man with an argument for God." Take the guy who was born blind: when the learned experts EXPLAINED to him, probably with GREAT ELOQUENCE, that "Jesus could not possibly be the Messiah, because etc, etc", all he said was: "I cannot answer you, yet all I know is one thing: I was blind, now I can see!"

Keep pressing in and let him fill you over and over again!

Jeff G